Alinea International – Employment Opportunity
Vietnam Safe Food for Growth Project (SAFEGRO) – Project Manager
Position: Project Manager – SAFEGRO Project
Employment Type: Full-time for duration of project
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Reports to: Project Director
Remuneration: Salary is subject to negotiation based on established market rates
Alinea International Canada provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Alinea is currently recruiting a Local Project Manager for the Safe Food for Growth project (SAFEGRO) which is funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The objective of the project is to improve the performance of national and sub-national governments in enforcing food safety regulations; to increase competitiveness of Vietnamese agri-food products domestically and internationally; and to increase consumer demand for safe agri-food in Vietnam. The project will operate across the agri-food value chain by engaging and building the capacity of three main target groups: the public sector (enabling environment), the private sector (supply side), and the consumer (demand side).
In partnership with the University of Guelph (Canada), Alinea International works with national and regional governments to enforce food safety regulations, private sector suppliers to increase the competitiveness of Vietnamese food products domestically and internationally, and consumers to improve demand for safe food in Vietnam. Key partners on this project include The Ministry of Agriculture Rural Development (MARD), the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT), the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city agencies, and other Vietnamese Academic Institutes.
The Local Project Manager will be based full-time in Vietnam, reports directly to the Project Director (PD) and will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative management and operation for the project.
- Working with the PD to oversee and manage project personnel and operations to achieve the project results.
- Supporting the PD in the application of the Project Management Framework (PMF), results based Annual Workplans (AWP) and Reports.
- Supporting the PD in setting up a cohesive project team for coordination and implementation of approved project activities to achieve the expected results from the project’s logic model including budgeting and scheduling.
- Working with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer in the timely and accurate preparation of results-based progress reports to inform decision making process.
- Supporting the PD in the monitoring of project activities to ensure that they are implemented according to the work plans, on time, within the budget, and leading to achieve the expected project outcomes.
- Providing logistical support and team building for project personnel and consultants, both national and international.
- Supporting the PD with recruitment processes for national consultants and procurement activities; and
- Proactively taking lead role to support other tasks as assigned by the Project Director or unanticipated activities.
- Post-graduate degree related to project management, business administration, finance, agri-food or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 48 months of project management, at a senior level (coordinator, project manager, team leader or higher);
- Experience with official development assistance (ODA) projects. Prior experience with food safety is an advantage.
- At least 24 months experience with results-based management, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Experience with gender equity, women’s empowerment, and related programming
- Experience with human and financial resource management.
- Must be fluent in English, both writing and verbal communication.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and result driven.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Very good result-based planning, coordination, and organization skills
- Able to travel throughout Vietnam or internationally as required.
Alinea offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your application (letter of interest and CV using attached format INSERT CV TEMPLATE HERE with details on qualifications and experiences aligned with above requirements) with at least 3 referees by email to <email@example.com>. Please include the job title in your email subject line.
Application form: Only via email
Deadline: 17h00 on 20/01/2024
Interview announcement via email to selected candidate within 15 working days after the deadline.
We welcome all applications, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression; candidates that belong to underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The recruitment process is based on fair standards.